What Does a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner Do?
Empower you to become knowledgeable about – and responsible for- your own health.
Help you develop and work towards personal goals.
Use nutrition and lifestyle strategies to support and balance the nutritional foundations of health – digestion, blood sugar regulation, fatty acids, minerals, and hydration.
What are the Nutritional Foundations?
There are certain fundamental factors that must be in balance to experience optimal health. These include:
- Nutrition – Eating a properly prepared, nutrient-dense, whole food diet.
- Digestion – Absorbing and assimilating the nutrients we eat.
- Blood Sugar Regulation – Ensuring a steady, balanced supply of energy
- Fatty Acid Balance – Absorbing and utilizing healthy fats for fuel, structure, and healing.
- Mineral Balance – Absorbing and utilizing macro- and microminerals.
- Hydration- Supplying cells and tissues with enough water
Why are the Foundations of Health Necessary?
By supporting each of these foundations, the body’s chemistry can be brought back into natural balance. This sets the stage for optimal health.
What Lifestyle Strategies Do You Consider Important?
- Sleep, Rest & Relaxation
- Stress Management
- Movement & Structural Alignment
- Psychological Health
- Bio-Energetic Health
- Community & Social Support
What Does a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner™ NOT Do?
An NTP™ does not practice medical nutrition or diagnose or treat disease. An NTP™ is not a substitute for physicians or other licensed healthcare providers.
What is Your Training?
I received my training as Nutritional Therapy Practitioner™ from the Nutritional Therapy Association.
During my Nutritional Therapy Practitioner training, I studied anatomy and physiology, basic chemistry concepts, and the science of food and its’ nutritional components. Our focus was on the foundations of health – digestion, blood sugar regulation, fatty acids, minerals, and hydration as well as the importance of a properly prepared, whole food, nutrient-dense diet.
Prior to that, I attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s Health Coaching Program. I learned over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts.
My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of how the body functions and of the science of nutrition, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.
- Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP™) – Nutritional Therapy Association
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach – Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Muscle Testing Practitioner – Inneractive Healing Systems
- Certified Hemp Expert – Biotics & Ananda Hemp University
Are you ready to start feeling better than ever?
Schedule an initial consultation with me today!